I found this tag on A Bookish Bi!
1. How many books do you usually read at once?
Um… a lot. If I’m not in the mood for one, I read something else. I know I’m a fast reader, but I also think this habit helps me read as many books as I do. There’s a lot of down-time in my days, so I might as well take advantage. I usually have at least a fiction and nonfiction book running at any given time, and will read graphic novels (usually in one sitting) in amongst them. I also keep a stack of things like light nonfiction, manga, old comic book collections, etc. for situations when I can only read a few minutes at a time or in a situation with a lot of distractions, and I keep an ebook on my phone and/or Kindle in case I get stuck somewhere unexpectedly.
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch to reading the other book?
I generally don’t switch books during a reading session unless I chose the wrong one at the beginning. I can usually tell based on the situation if it’s a good time for an intense novel, a light read, a comic book, or whatever. (In other situations like an unexpected stop behind a train, it’s just whatever book I have to hand or the one on my Kindle.)
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks while you’re part way through a book?
I mostly use scraps of paper and usually lose two or three over the course of a book.
4. Where do you keep the book you’re currently reading?
I keep two stacks at work, one of whatever I’m currently reading/about to read and one of those quick-and-easy books for busy days. There are a few books I choose to read at home, usually because I know they’ll be intense, and I keep those in a stack in my room.
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
At work in the evenings. (I work odd hours and it’s often very slow.)
6. How long do you typically read for in one go?
It depends. About an hour and a half is a good length for me, but I’ll go longer.
7. Do you read hard covers with the dust jacket on or off?
On, but I mostly read library books so the jackets are protected and fastened on there. I usually keep them on my own books too, but they do irritate me when they won’t stay put.
8. Which position do you mainly use to read?
At work, sitting. At home, mainly sitting up in bed. I also really like reading in the car though. (Parked, of course. With a seasonally-appropriate beverage). There’s just something relaxing and secret about it since no one’s going to interrupt you and there are no chores in front of you waiting to be done.
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere you go?
Nope. That’s what the books on my devices are for, I take those everywhere anyway. I rarely move books back and forth from work, I just take them and then bring them home again when I’m done.
10. How often do you update your progress in the book you’re currently reading on Goodreads?
I usually just mark it read when I’ve finished. The only exception is short story collections, I’ll do an update for each story so I can remember them!
11. Who would you like to tag?
If you see this and haven’t done it yet, YOU’RE TAGGED.