Hi everybody, I made a tag! I’ve finally finished up graduate school, and like I’ve been promising for two years, I’m getting back into the swing of blogging. Most importantly, I finally have a little time to read other people’s blogs, and I hate that I missed so much time with y’all.
So, that’s the idea of the ICYMI (In Case You Missed It) Tag: Go through the past two years of your blog and pick the five posts you most want people to read. Then tag your favorite blogs to do the same — people you’ve lost touch with, new discoveries you’d like to get to know, however you want to do it. Feel free to link back to me, I’d love to see it spreading!
My favorite posts from the past two years:
- Review: The Keepers Trilogy by Lian Tanner. This is a middle-grade fantasy trilogy that still stands as a top favorite. Plus Claudia Black reads the audiobooks!
- Kingsman, The Man from UNCLE, and Queering the Action Movie. I’m still really proud of this essay, and it’s topical with the new Kingsman movie coming out soon. I know I’m a book blog, but we should really keep talking about action movies, I don’t see much analysis going around for that genre.
- Review: Secret Historian: The Life and Times of Samuel Steward, Professor, Tattoo Artist, and Sexual Renegade by Justin Spring. This biography is super interesting on its own, and also a good entry point into my own research, nudge wink. 😉
- Data, Spock, and Star Trek Emotions. I do a monthly series on the Comparative Geeks blog about Star Trek, and this is one of my favorite posts there. It was written along with two friends on a topic I still think is super important (and there’s a link back here to a book recommendation at the end).
- LGBT+ Picture Books: Getting Counted. Cheating a bit with this one because it’s the first in a five-part series from June, but another subject close to my heart!
Blogs I’m Tagging:
- Victim to Charm (travel)
- In My Not So Humble Opinion (comics essays)
- North of Andover (writing)
- The Multicolored Diary (folktales)
- Hit or Miss Books (YA books)
- From couch to moon (scifi books)
- Geekritique (geek news and reviews)
No worries if your blog doesn’t do tags, just know that I’m thinking about you and I still love your work! (And if I missed listing you, blame the mess that is my WordPress reader after so much neglect.)