It suddenly occurred to me that it would be a good idea to quantify the diversity of my reading last year and try to do better this year… So I’m including it as one of my reading challenges. It’s not an official challenge, but hey, if you wanna do it we can make it one!
Diverse Reading 2014:
- Total books read: 165(ish)
- Women: 33 female protagonists and 46 female authors
- POC: 21 books of racial diversity (author or protagonist)
- LGBT+: 10 books (super low for me, weird)
- Disability: 2 books, both nonfiction (plus some comics with Professor X in them)
The disability issue only really got on my radar this year, so I’ve got a lot more books lined up to read for that in 2015.
Other than that, I really can’t think of much to update at the moment. Bloggers, check out #1000Speak. It’s a project for people to post about compassion on February 20. I’m tentatively signed up at the moment. I may be somewhat ambivalent, but clearly a lot of people are excited, so you might wanna give it a go!
Posts this week will include a short story and a Pamela post, also possibly a review. Have a good one!